Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Final posts for Peace Week

Peace is this feeling when you're calm and quiet and you don't want to hear anything and you want it peaceful. Like most quiet people like it peaceful. For example, my mother lights candles and cleans the house and it is peaceful and smelling good. When I come in she says don't start being loud cause it's quiet and peaceful here and I don't want to disturb our neighbors. Then I would start being a little loud and that's when she gets upset and says to go to my room. Then she puts on her little church music and reads her bible and gets ready for church. She makes me come too. She likes the house peaceful before church. AB

To me, peace is when two people that have two different opinions about something can come together and understand where the other is coming from. My description of a peace symbol is just some letters arranged to resemble a peace sign. To me we should have peace in all countries and between all people. Peace also has more than one meaning. It could be something you could say to somebody when you leave them presents. CR

I'm going to close this week's entries with song lyrics that seem to apply especially to this last post. BJB

Let There Be Peace On Earth

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
Let There Be Peace on Earth
The peace that was meant to be
With God as our Father
Brothers all are we
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With ev'ry step I take
Let this be my solemn vow;
To take each moment and live
Each moment in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
http://www.planetaryexploration.net/patriot/let_there_be_peace_lyrics.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home