Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Final posts for Hero

The boys have given us some food for thought in these final entries to the blog for this week. Thanks to everyone for your feedback. It's much appreciated by all and has ramped the depth of thought in participation pieces to a deeper level. I know, as a teacher, both the posts and the responses have added to my understanding of my students and the scaffolding needed to approach a topic. BJB
*****
A hero is to me someone that makes the right choices and someone who doesn't do crimes. Someone who is a role model. A hero is a person who loves you and cares about you and will listen to you when you have a problem or when you need to express your feelings. A hero is someone who won't tell your business and can keep a secret. AV
*****
The most important person in my life is my sister and my Grandmom and yes, they are heroes because they are still here with me. They have my top trust because they care about me and how I feel. AC
*****
My Mom is the most important person in my life because she's always there for me and takes care of me and she's honest with me and lets me know how she feels about me and this situation. Well, my Mom is a hero because she has people that look up to her and they see that she works and has a job and stuff and makes the right choices. AB
*****
A hero to me has to have courage. He or she has to care about everyone not just themselves. A hero is a loving person that takes care of everyone, that will sacrifice their life for anyone just because they love them. A hero has to be strong and brave. They are also supposed to be respectful and trustworthy. The most important person in my life is my Mother because she puts her life out there to help me. She took care of me when I was younger. She also respects me and my other brothers and sister and everyone else in the world, even if you did something bad to her. My Mom is very strong because she had to raise 6 kids by herself because my dad is a shump. We got kicked out of apartments and no one even helped us, not even our friends or wanna be friends. My Mom got us back on track alone. She is brave. She had to work like two jobs just to support us and she was still there when we we had to talk to someone about problems we were having. My Mom also persuaded my older brothers to get their own jobs because she said she will have to go to heaven some day and we need to do stuff on our own. When I get older that's who I want to be like: my Mom - a strong, brave, respectful, caring, trustworthy person. JR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home