Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Defining Hero is difficult

Defining what a Hero is is proving to be a challenge to my students. Is a hero human? Can a hero be God? Are Heroes cultural? I'm surprised (pleasantly) that no one has written about a sports figure or celebrity! Today's contribution is a wonderful tribute to struggling moms.

The most important person in my life is my mother. I think she is the most important person because she has always been there for me. She was also the person that raised me and because of this I think she is a hero. I think that a hero is a person that helps and saves people and my mom definitely fits that description. One way my mom has helped me is by making sure I always went to school. For her doing that, I have a pretty good education and going to school is not a problem for me. She has taught me many things including the importance of not using drugs. My mother is not perfect but, because she has helped me, she is a HERO!!! HZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home