Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Interesting comment about Hero

In one of the following compositions, the student writes that "I idolize no one." Is having a hero the same thing as hero worship or idolization? In the second composition the Hero "never gets mad when I'm bad." Is this characteristic good or not good?

The most important people in my life are my sisters. I would die for them and will always see it as my duty to keep them safe and protect them from evil and harm. With this said, I idolize no one, look to no other person as a hero, but do respect all. BP

My most important person is my mother and yes, she's a super hero because she's always been there for me whenever I needed help. She helped me through everything. Her characteristics are that she's a beautiful woman and has a very friendly personality. She's grateful, brave, strong, and she takes care of me and never gets mad at me when I'm bad. MB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home