Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My North Star

I've given the assignment of writing an acrostic using My North Star. The example given follows.

My
Youth is swallowed up by the
Needs and
Objectives found as signs on the path that
Relentlessly
Twists and winds
Homeward. My
Star
Twinkles brightly
Above, giving my journey
Resolution.

Look for student submissions soon!

BJB


Never
Overthrow
Rights
That I
Have.

Special
Things
Are always
Remembered.

NC
=====

Maybe
You’re

Not
Out
Running
The
Hood,

Starting
To
Act
Responsibly. JA

=====

No
One
Really
Thinks
Hard.

Special people
Think
About what is
Right. SB

=====

May
Your

North Star be an
Opportunity to
Reminisce on the
Time you
Had freedom.

Stand
Tall
And
Rejoice. CW

=====

My Mom sometimes be happy. She respects me. I trust her a lot. She is a thorough and nice to me. I love her to death. GB

=====

Sometimes I never open my real things. I hide them to myself. I stay and keep my feelings on the low. I realized that my stuff is something that I have to deal with. DR

=====

Mom
You

Never abandoned
Our
Relationship even
Though we
Had our bad times.

Sustaining our love and care for each other
There wouldn’t be a soul that can divide
And destroy our
Relationship. DL

=====

Never
Obey
Rivals
Through
However

Secretly
They treat us
As
Rivals. GD

=====

I am a mighty young man.
I am tough and healthy and very original.
Sometimes I could be remedial,
Sometimes nice, but I am alright.
I am good at school and very smart.
I hate fishsticks but am very artistic.
I have a loud voice and yes, I am rejoiced.
I am beautiful and also very truthful. AS

=====

Mistakes
You

Need
Or
Right
Thoughts
Heed:

Seeing,
Thinking,
Attitudes,
Reflecting… MD

=====

Make it through the
Year

Nevertheless
On top of the
River
That
Hands out

Special
Treats
And
Recipes. CR

=====

Many miles
You have to

Negotiate
Over
Rough
Terrain through
Hours of hard work.

Struggling
Through the entire journey.
Afterwards you are
Rewarded greatly for your effort! BA

===

Maybe
You’re

Nobody
Or
Really
The
Handyman

So
Try
All
Routes. JS

=====

Meaning
Youth

Never
Order
Routine
Truth
Heart

Soul
Tumor
Authority
Rot. SS

=====

Memories
You

Never
Order tell you to
Return
To
Home.

Start now
To
Activate that
Return. DR

=====

My mom
Younger

Never
Obtained
Restlessness
Tough
Help

Succeed
Throughout
All
Rigidness. NC

=====

Mine
Yours

No
One
Really
Thought
How

Some
Times
Art
Really works! TR

=====
Never give up
Overcome
Respect
The memories
Home

Stay free
The freedom
Apple
Rough times. TR

=====

My
Year was good.

Now
Other
Rappers
Think they’re
Hot,

So I do my best to
Try
And
Regain my composure. GG

=====

My
Youth

Numbs
Other parts of my life
Rather than the
Things I
Hate,

Starting from
The Actual
Roots of my
Ancestors. LF

=====

Maybe I will in the
Year 2008

Never doubt
Or
Regret
The
Hard work

So
That
All
Remember. DM

=====

Meditate
Yearly

Nice
Or in
Rage
The
Healthier persons

Satisfy your
Temptations
Against
Rage. RG

=====

My
Youthful experiences

Name
Original
Remnants of
The past that target and
Help

Significantly identify
The
Attributes of my life
Relentlessly repeating in my mind. NB

=====

Makes
You

Never
Obey
Right
Thoughts
However

Still
They’re
Arriving
Ready for action. TG

=====

Music
Yams

North Philly
Onions
Rock star
Thorough
Hard

Shorties
Tall
Aim
Rockets. RA

=====

My Mom
Younger siblings
Siblings
Richmond
Oregon
North America
Toronto
Haw??
Area of Land
Tropical
South America
Reptiles. KS

=====

My family
Your love

Never cry but when
One at a time it
Runs through
Trust and life
Hours and minutes.

Sorry
That I
Am in a
Rough life. JT

=====

Mom,
You’re

Now
On the
Road
That
Helps

Start our relationship
Together
As we
Ride for a new life. JS

====

My
Youngest child, who is my North Star,

Not
Only
Runs
The
House, but

Stays
To
Apply the
Rules. SB

=====

Mom
You

Now
Other
Resident
Tell
Him what

Started
The
Agreement so they can
Relive. DA

=====

My life of love has come true and for years I been writing for you. Our love is too strong. Right now the only thing I could do is wait for you to come back home to me and the love that I have for you. Special love comes once in a lifetime. That’s what I believe. After love I wouldn’t know what to do. Right now the only thing I could do is sit and wait for you, my love. JL

=====

My life is to be a good father
You’re my son and I love you with all my heart.

No one could say I haven’t been there cause I have
Or say I never seen cause I have, but
Right now I can’t because you are far away and
The truth is my son I had to go do things right.
How and why is because I did something I should of never done, but

Since now your father is locked up and
The day will come for me to see you
Again after I’m done doing my time, but
Right now, Jaden, I love you my son and never forget that. RA

=====

Misunderstandings are something that happens to
You every
Now and then.
Respect for people
Turns into hatred.
Sometimes people even turn against their own relatives.
Then life goes Bad. JB
=====

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I really enjoyed the North Star poems... I am honored that my book has become a part of your own journey. Peter

11:59 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

By the way... you might be interested in knowing that I am just finishing a new version of my book, The North Star. A 10th Anniversary edition. It is very similar to the first -- but after 10 years I had a few more ideas . You can track the progres of the new book on http://www.peterhreynolds.com
Wishing you all a stellar voyage! Good things ahead - as long as you keep your eyes on your guiding stars.

12:02 PM  
Blogger BJB said...

Thanks, Peter! I watched your ISTE North Star presentation and look forward to the release of the new book. BJ

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home