Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Veterans Day

Veterans Day
http://www1.va.gov/opa/vetsday/





America was founded on the principles of liberty, opportunity, and justice for all, and on Veterans Day we recognize the men and women of our Armed Forces who have valiantly defended these values throughout our Nation’s history.

Write a paragraph about what you as an individual can do to demonstrate respect and honor for America’s Veterans.

I can pledge in the morning not to put down my country because it shows what people had to sacrifice and the lives we lost to show them more respect than others. MC

As an individual I can make a poster for the soldiers that are at war and that died for our country. I can pledge and I can thank the solders and not put my country down. JW

What I can do is become a better citizen in America so I can say I am proud of being an American Citizen and I am sorry for what happened to the people who went to war for us. I could also celebrate Veterans Day for all the dead soldiers that died and is not here with their own family. I would even tell my family to celebrate if they don’t participate in them. SB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home