Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Education and Freedom

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be. ~~ Thomas Jefferson


How does this quotation relate to you as a student in Loysville?

How does this quotation relate to you as a student in your home school?

How does this quotation relate to you as a life long learner?

How does this quotation relate to you as a citizen when you reenter your community?

BJB
===================

While in Loysville, I’m getting my education.
I already have a GED so will not be going back to school.
As a life long learner I will be learning new skills all the time.
As a citizen I will learn how to become a contributing part of my community. AM

As a student in Loysville I need to stay positive in order to learn.
As a student in my home school I need to go to school and focus and not do drugs.
As a life-long learner I will learn new things like being on my own.
As a citizen when I re-enter my community I will focus on school and get a job to stay in the community. JW

I think this goes good with every staff’s mentality. They never give up a chance to remind us we’re lockup so deal with it. I think if we think we’ll be successful, we will, so if we are ignorant to success it never was and never will be that goes along in here at school and as a life long learner. NM

I expect only one thing when I go to school which is to learn. There ain’t no need for being worried about the trouble makers. If they wanna skip it’s their decision not the teacher’s. Pople don’t expect suspensions and detentions because then they’ll do wrong things. SR


10/22/2007

As a student in Loysville I want to keep studying for my GED so that I can have a good education and pass it. As a student in school I will go to college so I can get a trade for car repair and make something out of my life. As a life-long learner I will get the skills I need and be the best at it. As a citizen when I reenter my community I will learn how to be a part of my community and stay as a hard worker so I can be successful. AM

As a student at Loysville I’m expected to do my best. As a student at my home school I’m expected to fail. As a life-long learner I’m expected to open up. As I re-enter the community I will be ready to be positive. MC

To be successful in Loysville I need to go in the right direction which is school. I need to make more successful choices in my home school. I need to open my mind up to be a life-long learner. When I am in my community I must follow rules and make good statements. JG

Go to school. Do good in life. Fight for freedom. TJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home