Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving

October 8 was the Canadian Thanksgiving. The US day of Thanksgiving is November 22. Thanksgiving is not a religious holiday, but a day set aside to reflect on what individuals have to be thankful for. Most cultures have some form of recognizing thankfulness.

Do you set aside time during the day, week, month, year to reflection what you have to be thankful for? On a scale of 1-5 list five things you are most thankful for and why.

BJB



1. My family because I love them.
2. My education because I want to graduate.
3. My release date because I want to go home.
4. My life because God sent his Son to sin for us.
5. My community because it’s safe. TJ

I am thankful for a lot of things. I am thankful to be going home in a month or two. I like to be thankful in a lot of ways. I am thankful for being in this world. I just like to be thankful. JF

I’m thankful for having my life. I’m thankful for having a supportive family. I’m thankful for getting a second chance in life cause God has blessed me to do right and stay out of trouble. I’m thankful to just be me. I’m thankful for having a positive mind and staying in control of myself at all times. AM

1. Being with most of my family members and having a good time.
2. Being grateful to have a family.
3. Eating food.
4. Playing cards with my family.
5. Being able to see my family members that I never met before. JW

1. Family
2. Home
3. Friends
4. Food
5. Life JG

No, I really don’t be into holidays but I am grateful for all that was done. I don’t put aside time:
1. not into holidays
2. there are other things I have to do
3. I remember what happened that day
4. The day after is my dead sister’s birthday
5. But I am grateful. LF

10/10/2007

I’m thankful for a lot of things. One of the things I’m thankful for is food. I’m also thankful for my family sticking with me while I’m locked up. I’m thankful for being here because I could of ben dead if I wouldn’t had got caught. I’m thankful for my stuff that my family bought me. I’m thankful for freedom. DH

1. I am thankful for my parents in supporting me because if it wasn’t for them I don’t know where I’d be.
2. I am thankful for my PO telling me what I gotta do when I get locked up because if it wasn’t for her I’d go back into my negativity.
3. I am thankful for my grandma in raising m the right way because if it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t know how to be a good person and learn about my religion.
4. I am thankful for school in teaching because it helped me learn a lot for the future and help my children when I grow.
5. I am thankful to myself because I probably would have been dead if I ain’t handle my problems well. SR

I am thankful for my family because they is always there for me no matter what if I am wrong or right. And I am also thankful for Loysville because if I was still home I probably be in worster trouble than now and now I can go home to a new life and a new me. CS

I’m thankful for this program because they are trying to help me to be successful in life. That is why I thank them a lot. They try to show us a new life and have sympathy and empathy. DR


10/12/2007

Other than Thanksgiving, I do give thanks to things. From a scale one through five my first one would be my family. I am thankful and grateful I still have them. My second is my life. I am thankful I’m still living and learning to become a better person. The third thing I’m thankful for is my house. The fourth is my friends. That gives me comfort. And my last which is the best to me is God. These are the things and people I’m thankful for. DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home