Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Thank You Letter

Write a thank you letter to someone who has helped you (relative, teacher,, friend, counselor, etc.). Describe what that person has done and why you appreciate them.

We are getting many positive comments (off-line) on our blog. People are impressed about how well some of you are able to communicate important thoughts and ideas. Keep up the good work! BJB
==============================================

Mom, I want to say thank you for helping me understand life and knowing how to stay focused on having a good job. I want to say thank you for being here for me all my life and never letting me go down and always having a chance to pick me up. I want to say thank you for giving me life so I can know what the world is about. Love you, Mom and thank you for everything. AM

I’m writing a thank you letter to my best friend because I was planning to do something real bad like injure someone. I was so upset that I just wanted to see him down. You was there to calm me down and tell me that it ain’t worth it. It was crazy, but you was the one to tell me what will happen if I did what I was planning to do. If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be seeing you again in my life. I am just happy that I listened to you and you were there to help me. That’s a real friend. Thank you. LR

My family, teachers, and administrators give me chances when I messed up and they gave me hope when I was down. They was always there to help me out. They took their time with me. They talk sense into me. The teachers helped me get an education and family they pushed me into the right direction. KT

Recently I have become close to a staff in my cottage and I can relate to him in many ways. We talk about personal stuff and he helps me get through hardships and frustrating times. I sometimes say thank you, but it may look like I don’t mean it. Well, this is a thank you to a staff and a friend, Rich Russell. DR

A person I would like to thank is my girlfriend. She’s done a lot for me and helped me in many ways. She picks me up when I’m down and even makes me feel as if I’m someone. But more than anything I appreciate her for bringing me to the Lord, because without her I would not believe or have faith in Him. Thank you. LF

Dear Dad, I just want to say thank you for being there for me from the day I was born even though I’m not your blood son you still took the responsibility to be my dad. Now it feels like we don’t get along but we have been there for each other all along. I wouldn’t trade you for the world not even for the most beautiful girl. I want to thank you for being the number one dad. MC

I will like to write this letter to my grandma. I will like to thank my grandma for doing all the good stuff for me. She helps me with my homework. I will always love my grandma. I know that my grandma can’t wait until I come home. I love you grandma. From JF

I want to thank my mom and dad for having me and teaching me from right from wrong and appreciate me as who I am. I want to thank my family members for being there when I need someone to talk to and coming to visit me when I get into trouble. JW

10/2/2007

Dear Friend, Thank you for helping me out when I really need helping and giving me a home when I got kicked out of the house and always looking out even when you don’t have to. And caring more than anybody else. Thank you. CR

Mom, I really appreciate the fact that you could get help for me. I was headed down the wrong path and wouldn’t have been able to stop drinking on my own. That is why I am glad that you helped me. I think that I am now a much better person for coming here and accepting the help that was offered to me. TS

Dear Grandmom, Thank you for always being there for me. You took me in whn my parents didn’t care. You made me smart and you did your best to help me out. Thank you for being there for me. NC

Thank you for everything all ya staff what ya do for me. Thank you for anything ya did for me. Ya showed me a different way of life instead of the street life. So I appreciate that and hope you could show other people the way. So thanks a lot. DR

I want to thank my judge for removing me off the streets and my counselor for helping me in my program and all my teachers for helping me learn why I’m here and making my days go fast. CS

Dear Mom, I wanna think you for everything you have done to me. Thank you for your support feeding, teaching and helping me grow up for the future. Thank you for your whooping that helped me learn not to do it again. You are my best friend and know how to keep secrets. Thank you for showing how to treat women and take care of them. Thank you for every advice you helped me with. SR

Dear Mrs. B, Thank you for letting me do these daily blogs because I am able to get a positive SIR from it and that is going to help me when I go to court the 29th and the judge sees this. AS

Dear Mom, Thank you for staying by my side through everything. I’m so glad to have a mom like you. I love you very much. TM

Dear Matt, Thank you for helping me go through things I went through and the problems I had. You helped me. And I’m making changes. So when I get out in the world I do the right thing. Thank you for all the stuff you helped me with. DH

1 Comments:

Blogger DK said...

Brilliant post and thanks for sharing guys.

Keep writing because people are reading...

DK
MediaSnackers Founder

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home