Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My values for the Tree of Values

12/12/2006

How I show my values with peers when I interact with them and work on peer relations so I can become a better person and become more vocal. In my community I show my values by helping the community do what needs to be done and before I got locked up I wasn't thinking of the community and groups here help me think and internalize the things I need to do. When I show my values with my family I do it every day because I love, Respect my family with all my heart and I would never put them in harm's way. My values are shown every day for my family. JF

My most important value is respect cause in order to get respect you got to give them respect even if you don't like them cause that isn't going to get you no where except for the fact you might get locked up. Like I say, you don't have to prove anything to anybody but yourself. You came here by yourself and you're going to leave by yourself, and 9 times out of 10 times you aren't going to see anybody when you go home. TM
[I'm looking forward to hearing comments to this post! BJB]

I show my value for peace by helping others when they need help. I show love when I take care of my girl and talk to her and tell her how I feel. Also, I love my family cause they help me throughout my life and I show it when trying to listen. I respect my friends and my family and cause they respect me I do the same. I think I have some self-worth cause I try to make things better for me and my life. I strive for a good life. SP

The way I can live my values is by following the golden rule and do what I want others to do to me. I can show the values of peace, love and respect by treating others nice and give my love and support to people and I can keep peace by staying away from the violence and just keeping the peace. BW

I show self-worth, respect, love and peace to my peers, community and family. I do things like listen to the rules and follow them. I respect what my family tells me to do. I respect my peers by giving them space. I show love to my family by doing things that show I care. MP

I show all of these values to my friends, girlfriend, siblings and uncles by hugging and talking to them when they have problems. I also leave them alone when they need their space. I respect their opinion, their thoughts and their time. If I ask them to do something, I wait and give them time to do the task. Also, I show them appreciation and thankfulness. CG

I demonstrate these traits in many ways, mainly towards the people I love. I use peace by putting people before myself and take into consideration their feelings. I use love to the fullest. To me love is a very strong feeling and it can be hurtful if betrayed. I know the feeling so I show my love and never let people feel any other way. I show respect for everyone till I feel disrespected. I show respect by treating others the way I want to be treated. Last, but not least, self-worth - by striving for the best and knowing that there is a lot out there for me to learn. CS

I live the values of respect and self-worth by following the golden rule and I like to learn stuff for my heart and my mind. I learn in my own way and I respect the differences of other people and how they learn. RR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home