Between the Lines

Random reflections from the youth in a juvenile correctional facility.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Brain Waves

Although no one is any longer reading this blog, I thought I would keep it active by posting some updates on what I've been doing.

I'm still involved with the Correctional Education Association (CEA) and like to keep up with what is happening in that field.

I'm more active than ever in Tapped In. With the competition from so may Web 2.0 sites, it's hard to both keep up with current resources and separate the wheat from the chaf. Tapped In is still the best re: community. Maybe I'll make another post on that topic in the near future.

Retirement is wonderful! I'm busier than ever. I miss the staff at Loysville, but don't miss the stress and frustration.

I'm still also active in the CEA Juvenile SIG and post regularly about topics or other information that correctional educators in juvenile institutions may find useful.

Enough for today...have a couple of discussions to moderate in Tapped In. If you're listening to my drivel, thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marian Thacher said...

So glad you're still active in this field, Ms. Berquist. I've enjoyed this blog and showed it at many and adult education conference in California and elsewhere as an example of giving voice to those who don't always have it. It was a great idea to anonymously publish the writing of incarcerated youth, giving them an opportunity to get feedback from people around the world. Congratulations, and I wish you well in your future projects.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jeff Cooper said...

hey... whaddya mean no one's reading this? just for that:
http://snurl.com/bjbblog

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home